Wednesday, March 14, 2012

So.. what do you do when your eyes are bloodshot and you haven't slept well in 3 days, well the obvious answer is you write a blog.

Last night was a very eventful night, this is what a night out for me has turned into. I finally get Dalton to bed @ 11:00 and I chuckle as I walk to bed because I'm thinking how great of a character I would be on the Walking Dead, I mean I would outshine all the other zombies put together, I wonder if I should apply for a role as a cast member? I lay my head on my fluffy pillow and think "ahh Heaven" and ding ding ding you guessed it.. "waaaaaaaaa" so I pull myself up with the superhuman strength I didn't know I had and pick him up and feed him..again...I swear he has a tape worm. Well this goes on for a couple hours, I get a lovely 20 min of sleep and he's hungry again.. so obviously it can't be a growth spurt..something is wrong... I better do the first thing I do when I panic.. grab the thermometer!

After 3 attempts of taking his temperature, not easy by the way to do under an infants armpit as he is dog determined to roll over in any direction he can to ruin any chance you have of getting a temperature, so finally after achieving 3 reading of 95 degrees I start to panic..that's to low..what if he has some form of hypothermia ( yes I know..in hindsight it sounds ridiculous) so I do the only logical thing there is to do..I grab my other thermometer because its always good to have a stock of them and attempt the inconceivable challenge again of getting a temp. and ... its 96 degree..still low but better... hmmm I'd feel safer if I called the ER.

Well OF COURSE they say, "yea better bring him in, cant diagnose it over the phone".. I mean it is only 4 in the morning, after all can't be greedy I did get an hour of sleep so far..so we load up in the vehicle and make our way to the hospital.. and he giggles and coos the whole way thinking what a fun game this is.

To sum it up, hes perfectly fine and his temperature was a healthy 97.9 at the hospital...seems either I'm an idiot or both of my faithful thermometers were broken... by the way it was also daylight savings and I was unaware so the whole car ride to the ER i was praying the world wasn't ending and all our technology and tools were going haywire.

Welcome to my life.





No comments:

Post a Comment